- Beginning this Sunday, March 15, we will be asking for all attenders to refrain from touching one another in interaction. Thank you for refraining from all hand shaking, fist bumping, high-fiving, hugging and patting at this time. To this end, we will have programs (bulletins) available on tables before entering worship rather than being handed out personally; door greeters will be taking a vacation-break during this time of concern.
- We strongly request that anyone with cold or flu symptoms of any kind remain home and not attend worship or other events at church. Symptoms including coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever, body aching, shortness of breath, headache, etc. are signs to please stay home rather than come to church. Those returning from travel should also remain home for 14 days.
- Our cleaning service is now providing higher service in cleaning and disinfecting, along with staff and key volunteer workers. This includes more thorough disinfection in the children’s department of both early childhood and elementary ages, as well as the LOFT meeting room, breakout suites, main sanctuary and Family Room, and all bathrooms.
- Larger ministry events and studies of the church are now being carefully evaluated to determine the best courses of action. We will provide updates as quickly as we are able given currently changing conditions.
- Seating in the Sanctuary has been adjusted to comply with our Governor’s request to limit gatherings to 250. This supports our elected leadership and provides more breathing room and space between rows for a greater comfort level as we undergo social distancing.
- Beginning next Sunday, March 22, we will offer our entire Sunday morning worship service LIVE by video stream. Go to: visitdsc.org and scroll down the main page to watch LIVE each Sunday at 9:30 am. This service will bless those with a compromised immunity system along with others who feel uncomfortable attending worship in person at this time.
- Family Room drinks will be offered for the time being with pre-packaged / separately apportioned snacks.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers have been added to the church lobby, the Family Room, and Children's Ministry.
We encourage you to thoughtfully and prayerfully respond to this time according to what you determine best for your own health and those you love. You should not feel obligated to attend in person, and special concern exists for those who are older or have compromised immunity.